Ch 12 and 13 Notes Link
Assignments for Week of 4/6/2020(Happy Monday)
Monday and Tuesday
1) Complete multiple choice problems in Barron's book for the following chapters (remember that chapter numbers may be different depending on which edition you are using. I'm using the 8th edition). Do not turn in. Take notes in your book by writing in your Barron's book. Show your work. Write in your book.
Chapter 7) Arrays and ArrayLists
Chapter 8) Recursion
Wednesday and Friday
Have a great spring break!
See everyone back in online-class on Monday April 20.
Ch 12 and 13 Handout Link
Week of 3/30/2020(Happy Monday)
Monday, Tuesday: (Good Morning. I look forward to seeing everyone very soon).
1) Work on Chapter 12/13 (Recursion) Project: In the "Building Java Programs"
book: Page 768 #1, 2, 9, 10, 11, 14 You do NOT need to do the challenge
portion on problem 10.
Due 4/3/20 (Send a picture of code and output)
Thursday and Friday
1) Read and study "Program Design and Analysis " Notes
2) Complete multiple choice problems in Barron's book for the following chapters
(remember that chapter numbers may be different depending on which edition
you are using. I'm using the 8th edition). Do not turn in. May be checked off
if we return to school. Take notes in your book by writing in your Barrons book.
Show your work. Write in your book.
Chapter 4) Inheritance and Polymorphism
Chapter 5) Some Standard Classes
Chapter 6) Program Design and Analysis
Week of 3/23/2020(Happy Monday)
Monday and Tuesday: (Good Morning. I look forward to seeing everyone very soon).
1) Read chapter 12 and 13 Notes on Recursion.
2) Read and work through problems on ch 12 Handout #1-5
3) In the "Building Java Programs" book: Do the Self-Check-Problems
on Page 764 #1-9 all. Send me a photo of your work (Write neatly) Due
no later than 3/24/20
4) Find a good youtube video on Recursion and watch it. Try to work through the
problem(s) that you see on the video.
5) In your Barron's AP Book: Do the ch 2 Multiple choice questions at the end
of the chapter. #1-27. Check your answers.
1) Review Recursion notes and handout
2) In the "Building Java Programs" book: Do the Self-Check-Problems on Page 766
#11-15 all (Do NOT turn these in).
3) Depending on which AP CS Barron's Book edition you are using (I'm using the 8th edition),
the chapter numbers may be different.
Complete the multiple choice questions for the following chapters (Show your work by
writing in your book) that are located at the end of the chapter (around 25 to 30 problems).
Go quickly and do the best you can (no more than 2-3 minutes per problem).
Chapter 2) Introductory Java Language Features (may be chapter 1 in earlier editions)
Chapter 3) Classes and Objects (may be chapter 2 in earlier editions)
1) Watch the Recursion Videos Part 1 and Part 2
2) Watch Recursion FRQ Assignment video.
3) Complete the Recursion FRQ assignment (Due Tuesday 3/31/20). Send me a picture of your
code and output.
4) Use The Recursion FRQ Helper Program handout if you need some extra help.
Week of 3/13/2020
For the rest of this week (3/13/2020) complete the chapter 10 project:
Use "Building Java Programs" online book Page 675 #1, 5, 9, 12, 14
Also, I added more coding-bat problems. Please complete these as well (click on the coding-bat link (button) on the previous page).
Please email me your chapter 10 project code by Monday, 3/23/2020. Make sure your name and period are in the code that you share with me.
Do NOT send me your coding bat code. I will check this off when we return to school.
Here is a link to a free online Java Compiler. It seems to work good.